Leaving ONU

This week is both sad and exciting for me. I've begun the process of clearing out all my belongings from my room. I have more junk than I thought. I've parted with many items to reduce the amount to move. The process of ensuring everything is out of my room for move-out is stressful. I'm worried that I won't be able to fit everything in my car on my last trip home — which almost happened last time. Last year, I had so much stuff and didn't anticipate it being as much until my last exam day. I filled my car to the brim and couldn't see out of my rearview mirror or my side passenger window. I was so nervous driving back last year, I don't want to put myself in that position again. So, this year I'm trying to get ahead of things. However, this process is making me very emotional. I've thoroughly enjoyed this school year and spending all my time with my friends. Honestly, it's hard during the summer not being able to see them whenever I want. But I know they will all visit me, and I will visit them, so it'll be fine. Last year, I visited my friends almost every other weekend. We would meet in Columbus because it was central for all of us and one of our friends lived there. I made some of the best memories last summer with my friends and can't wait to do it again this summer.

On the flip side, I'm excited for this weekend because my mom is coming to Ada! She attended school here in the early 2000s and has come back a couple of times since to hang out with me. This time is different though because one of our mutual friends, Abbey, is also coming. She graduated from Ohio Northern University in 2017 and became an athletic trainer at my high school. I got to know Abbey while I was in high school, but we didn't become close until after I graduated. My mom became friends with her through the school. My mom, an assistant basketball coach at my high school, and Abbey quickly became friends. I'm so excited to host them this upcoming weekend. However, I'm stressed about maintaining my room while also deep cleaning everything. Regardless, Abbey won't care, and my mom would only be disappointed for a couple of minutes. I think I'll have it under control by then. I hope everyone is having a great week and looking forward to summer as much as I am!


Comments

  1. That seems like so much fun with your mom and friend abbey. I hope you guys have an awesome time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am getting so stressed at the thought of packing all of my things and getting them home! Since I have an eight-hour drive home I have to pack strategically so that it will not all pile up and take too much space. Just remember we are so close to being done for the semester and then summer will fly by and we will be back with our friends on campus!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very stressful times but fun times. Enjoy every moment as it goes by quickly. And you better clean that room. No one wants a disappointed mom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am also beginning to pack up my things, and it is a very sad process. I am also very excited for this weekend and hope you have so much fun with your mom.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Keeping it Dark

Internships vs. Free Labor

Desk Date