Eclipse Weekend



This past weekend, I had so much fun with my friends. The weekend started with Alpha Xi formals Friday evening. The formal was a lot of fun. We rented out a venue just past Norda Lanes, and it was actually really cute. The venue was a refurbished greenhouse with a super cute black exterior. I got a ton of pictures with my friends and ate some yummy food. We also did superlatives, which is always a blast. This year, we had some more out-of-pocket superlatives, which were really funny. Polina and I got the best big/little duo, of course!

The next event that occurred last weekend was Founder’s Day for Alpha Xi. We had nine alumni come, and it was amazing. All morning prior to the event, I was getting the house ready and making food. We made sandwiches with a couple of side options. These were a hit with almost everyone in the chapter, including the alumni! We set up the event as a tea party, and I thought it turned out great. It was very aesthetic, and the alumni really enjoyed it! I made sure it was all perfect before everything was displayed. I feel that the event overall was carried out very well, and my committee was so sweet and stayed after to clean up, even though I didn’t ask them to! I later hung out with a bunch of my friends and stayed up quite late. Somehow, I woke up the next day at 8 a.m. and was ready to seize the day. Last Saturday was by far my favorite night/day of the year.

The next day was Sunday. Polina and I started our day with Dunkin. This hit the spot. We continued to talk in my car for a while and then went our separate ways for a bit. We went grocery shopping later in the day and meal-prepped for the upcoming week. Later in the day on Sunday, we had a chapter meeting that was Kardashian-themed. It was so funny seeing everyone's outfits; I had to make a TikTok on the Alpha Xi page! We chilled the rest of Sunday in preparation for the long day ahead, Monday. Although we did not have school, my friends and I were going to say hi to a couple of our friends who live off-campus. This was also super fun as there were a lot of sisters at our friend's house, and we all hung out! We had a lot of fun watching the eclipse — with our glasses on, of course. When it reached totality, the temperature began to plummet, and I was freezing. It got so dark it honestly freaked me out. However, that truly was a once-in-a-lifetime experience, and I will never forget it.


Comments

  1. Wow!! That seems like such a busy but fun weekend! I also noticed how the temperature dropped and I felt like I was in like some sort of movie. Glad you enjoyed eclipse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was out on the tundra for the eclipse and it was so hot then it slowly got darker and cold. I almost went inside and grabbed a sweatshirt. But I agree this was something I will never forget and I was terrified for it but afterwards I am so glad that I was able to experience something like that. And I am glad the sun came back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like an amazing weekend! I'm so glad you had a blast. I am so sad that I will have to miss my sorority's formal because they look so fun! The eclipse is truly a once-in-a-lifetime thing and it is so cool that we all got to experience it on campus.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all, the Kardashian-themed meeting is amazing! You make Greek Life sound like so much fun I wish I could join! I'm not gonna lie, when the temp dropped and it got dark it was a little bit unsettling, to say the least! Glad you had a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Keeping it Dark

Internships vs. Free Labor

Desk Date