My Week

 This week at Ohio Northern has been interesting. I held my first AIGA meeting, which went super well. It was a resume-building workshop, and we had a good number of people show up. This made me feel good, as this is the first event I have held as president. It might make me seem like a bad president, but I did a lot behind the scenes. However, I definitely need to start stepping up more.


In addition, this week Alpha Xi is initiating our new members. This also excites me because I know one of them has been wanting to join since her freshman year, and this semester she was finally able to. I feel like these girls are such a good addition to our chapter. They are all very unique and funny. Not only that, they mesh well with literally everyone else in the chapter.


This week, I also wrote a speech for Honors Day for a nomination I submitted for one of my teachers. When I found out I had to speak in front of everyone, I quite literally gasped. But, I know I'll be fine since I truly want my professor to be recognized for all that he does.


On the flip side of things, this week has been really difficult. I feel exactly how I did right before spring break, which is bad. I get really down and have no motivation to do anything. Obviously, I still do all my work for school and attend the events I can for the organizations I'm in. But, I just feel like I've hit rock bottom, and I'm not really sure why. School is going well, and I have an amazing group of friends.


As I am writing this in my dorm on Wednesday, March 27, at 12:11 p.m., I am skipping a class. And this is the third I have skipped today. I fell asleep at 12 a.m. last night and slept until about 11. I did wake up for each of my classes, but I just couldn't go. I don't know what was wrong with me. I think I'm just spreading myself too thin at points and getting overly involved in superficial issues. And I need to start prioritizing myself more, so I don't just feel like a robot going through the motions of what it's supposed to do. Sorry. This was a mental dump as a blog post; however, I don't feel like I could write about anything else right now.


Comments

  1. This rant feels like a text message that I have sent to you before! As you know, I am always here for you and if you need anything, please let me know! I am very excited about our new members in Alpha Xi too! Your speech for Honor's Day sounds amazing and Brit will be so appreciative of your kind words! Love you XOXI!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Keeping it Dark

Internships vs. Free Labor

Desk Date