Spring Break pt 1!

 This week, my brain is officially checked out. This week has felt like the same day over and over again. Today, I finally had a mental breakdown. I tend to overstress myself and let everything fester until I explode. Although not a traditionally good way to deal with stress, it works for the meantime for me. I'm still figuring it out. But, this upcoming week, I am ready for a break. My mom and I are going to Sarasota, Florida.


My grandpa Stephens lives on a key in the area; however, we're staying at his beach house. Last year, we were able to do this, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. My mom and I go for walks each morning in the nearby town. By the time we get back, it's beginning to get warm out, and we change to go out to the beach. Then, we make up some cute, fruity water for the beach and layout. When I say this, I mean I’m laying straight into the sun, practically begging to get burnt, while my mom has on 50 SPF and is in the shade. I live by one motto, and one motto only: If I'm gonna die one day, I better die tan. So, needless to say, I LOVE the sun and summer in general. When the sun begins to set, we head inside and shower to get ready for dinner. We either make our own dinner or we go out to eat. St. Armand's Circle and Sarasota, in general, have really good restaurants. We have two reservations currently from my two favorite restaurants ever. My all-time favorite restaurant is called Dry Docks. We have gone here each time we have been there for three years now. It is a beautiful restaurant overlooking the water in a popular dolphin area. We are going here Tuesday evening at 8 for dinner; this dinner time reminds me of Europeans and how late they always eat. I am an avid 'Below Deck Mediterranean' watcher, and many of their dinner meals don't end until 10 p.m. In addition, Sunday night, we are going to this restaurant called Shore, which is also a higher-end clothing store. They have a rooftop restaurant overlooking the city. They also have very unique foods, which is why I love going there. Needless to say, I am very much needing this break and looking forward to feeling myself again.


Comments

  1. I am with you, girl! I am so burnt out and ready to go on break. I am dying to finish classes tomorrow and begin my trip home! That is so exciting that you are going to Florida for spring break! My brother and sister-in-law live in Florida so I was hoping to go visit them over break but just decided I want to go home for a week. I bet you'll come back to Ohio really tan!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally feel the same way. It sometimes just gets to that point. I hope you had a great time and got some good weather plus maybe even tan :) Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Keeping it Dark

Internships vs. Free Labor

Desk Date