Spring Break pt 2!

This past week was Spring Break. I thoroughly needed a break from school and stress, and that's exactly what I did. My mom and I went to Lido Beach and stayed at my step-grandparents' condo on the ocean. The location of their condo is amazing: not only is it oceanfront, but it's also a mile or so from downtown. Every morning, I would walk downtown, grab a coffee and walk back. This would always set the tone for the day, productive yet relaxing — more on the relaxing side. The rest of the day would be spent outside. Two of the days, my mom and I went to Siesta Key, which is absolutely gorgeous. The first day we went to Siesta, my friend from club volleyball texted me out of nowhere and said we were on the same beach. So, of course, we met up and caught up for a while. I learned she attends Hope College and is studying political science. She wants to go into the Peace Corps after she graduates.


After the beach, my mom and I would go inside and clean up after being in the sun all day. Not surprisingly, I burnt the living crap out of myself the first day, which handicapped me for the next day. However, the burn turned to tan quickly everywhere other than my hands. Due to underlying health issues, I have my hands are prone to burns, regardless if there is sun exposure. So, with my blistery hands, I lay outside for the rest of the week. I really didn't shop too much, but I did get a couple of nice items.


My mom booked reservations for two of my favorite restaurants, which I mentioned in my last post. These restaurants did not disappoint. I ate mussels, truffle fries, scallops, lobster and oh my. I am a big foodie and I love to cook. So, when I go to restaurants, I like to try new things and potentially recreate them myself.

Ultimately, this break was very much needed, and I loved every second. I cannot wait to graduate and get out of the awful state of Ohio.


Comments

  1. This sounds like such an amazing break! I love that your morning routine was a walk to get coffee! Good food is always something I look forward to even when I go home for just the weekend. Everything tastes amazing compared to college food!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a nice break for sure. I'm the same way with family vacations and our favorite restaurants, definitely one of the best parts. I can also agree that getting back to the Ohio weather is very depressing when you see snow on the first day back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is like the most perfect mother daughter vacation ever! It is just so wholesome to be able to spend time together like that and I'm sure you made memories that will last a lifetime. Coming back from break is the absolute worst though, especially when you were in such nice weather!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like you had such a fun and relaxing spring break! It's also so cool that you got to spend it with your mom! I wish I could have gone to a warm place for break so it is so fun reading about everyone's adventures they had over break. Hopefully it warms up in Ohio soon, we need it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Keeping it Dark

Internships vs. Free Labor

Desk Date