Desk Date

This last week, I decided it was time. I was finally going to rearrange my room. When I moved in, I naively decided to put both of my desks underneath my bed, meaning that to get them out, I would have to take apart at least one of my beds. I have been working without a desk for the entire year up until this Saturday. This became increasingly difficult to work and focus as I would have my computer on my lap for hours on end, designing. My computer would overheat, burn my legs and cause huge implications for my work.

This Saturday, having nothing to do, I called Polina. She and I had just got back from the gym, luckily it was a leg day, and we started getting to work. Lifting the heavy pieces of my bed, futon, dresser and ottoman was a workout in itself — not to mention the solid block of wood we have for desks. We started the process at noon and miraculously were able to take apart the bed and get the desk out within an hour. After the bed was put back together, I told Polina I could handle the rest and was left with a horrifying mess. Clothes, shoes and food scattered all over. But, I saw the vision and it was magnificent. I have a desk and a lounge area set up perfectly hidden underneath the random objects that were scattered about when rearranging. So now all I had to do was organize and throw crap away. I thought the cleaning process was going to take less time than getting my desk out, and boy, was I wrong. I was cleaning my room for six hours straight. This makes me seem like a hoarder but I swear I am not; I just have a lot of clothes. After cleaning everything, I was rejoiced with my sight. I texted all my friends
to come see.

My friends and I ordered pizza — I was not cooking after cleaning all day. We hung out for a while and all parted ways to study. Overall, this weekend was extremely productive, except for the fact I am still procrastinating applying for internships, but that seems like a tomorrow problem.



Comments

  1. I love rearranging my room at home and I wish there were more ways to do it in collage. I have no clue how you didn't use one of your desks to work i personally would not be able to work in my bed for hours on end. Glad you guys had fun while rearranging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friends have rearranged their room three times now and I have helped everytime. This stuff is no joke, figuring out what is the best way and making sure everything will fit and look good is always stressful. I'm glad you like it I just don't understand how someone will see the TV sitting in the one spot on the couch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember my freshman and sophomore year I was always rearranging my dorm! It is definitely a lot of work, but I find it so satisfying and a huge challenge to organize my things in new ways to make use of the space I have. The part I did not like was the way the dorms were designed, not being able to move things like the bed in more than one way. I love the setup you have going on and hopefully your work is more enjoyable without burning legs!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Keeping it Dark

Internships vs. Free Labor