Simternship Blog

I spelled my last name wrong when
I was signing up for Stukent LOL

This past Tuesday, the Social Media Simternship rounds were due. Ultimately, I feel this was a great exercise for this course. I personally know I learned a lot through the simulation. These modules and rounds align very much with the social media marketing course. In the sim, you were not only able to play with content creation but also paid content and influencers.

These were all done in stages, the first being scheduled content creation. Following that was paid social media content and paid influencers. Then, for the last three rounds, all three strategies were implemented with a $5,000 budget. This same budget was allocated for each of the paid social media content and influencers alone. So, it was a struggle to have all three strategies done within the same budget as it was for one. Personally, I had the most success with creating paid social media posts. These posts generated much more revenue than the other two strategies. I feel that the call to action and goals of the paid content creation are what helped me the most with these posts. I think I struggled the most with the content creation because there were so few variables that I could adjust to help my content reach the target market. For the content creation portion, the user is only able to add a caption and the date/time the post is uploaded. Although the Buhi social media audit gave the times that the posts received the most engagement, I feel I never made enough across platforms to gain substantial revenue from them. This is completely my fault, and looking back, I should have changed my habits more and adjusted to what the insights showed me was successful. Regarding the paid influencers, I was unsuccessful. We were only able to negotiate with the influencers three times until they lost interest. I do not know if this is accurate and how negotiations work in real life, but this was very difficult. Being able to communicate a limited amount of time was very frustrating, and I feel like most of the time, I ended up paying them more than they should have been paid. I did this out of fear they would say no, and the necessity for some rounds to have a paid influencer. However, regardless of the multitude of frustrations I had, this was a great learning experience and I found it more engaging than assignments.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keeping it Dark

Internships vs. Free Labor

Desk Date