TikTok Brands

 


Continuing this week with TikTok, I read more into the brands and marketing of TikTok. I was surprised to see that the most popular brand on TikTok was TikTok itself. I'm not sure why this surprised me, but I feel that I consume TikTok advertising without realizing it's advertising. I thought it was just a part of the platform. This made me think a little more. Many videos I watch are eligible for commission by the creator. If these videos are included in that statistic, that makes much more sense to me. Because many creators partner with brands or review products. These products, for the most part, are available on TikTok Shop. So, this is beginning to make more sense to me why TikTok is the leading brand by an exponential amount.

The other popular brands on TikTok are mainly food companies. There are lots of trends that involve food on TikTok. There is this one trend currently all over my TikTok, where two people play rock-paper-scissors and the winner gets to eat the food as fast as they can. Meanwhile, the person who lost has to run to a designated spot. When the person running returns, the person eating stops and they play rock-paper-scissors again. This will continue until all the food is gone. This is always so funny to watch. A lot of these videos feature fast-food restaurants, many of which are also on the popular brands list on TikTok.

In addition, there are also many clothing brands that make the list. This makes sense to me because many of the videos I see are clothing reviews or outfit ideas. One of the popular clothing brands is Zara. I love looking at items from Zara; however, I never feel like their clothes fit right. They also have a lot of different pieces, so to speak. This is probably why they are such a popular brand on TikTok. Their items are unique and a lot of people enjoy their brand. Gymshark is also another popular brand on TikTok. This comes from fitness videos and trends. Prior to TikTok, I had no idea what Gymshark was, and overnight it became a staple brand for frequent gym-goers. I personally love the brand; I have a few pieces by them, and they are quite nice and durable.

Ultimately, I feel like my personal TikTok feed aligns well with the popular brands on TikTok.

Comments

  1. TikTok has become such a popular platform for people of all ages. I also feel like my personal feed aligns well with popular brands, which is probably a result of their algorithm. Good post!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Keeping it Dark

Internships vs. Free Labor

Desk Date