Greek Week!

This past week was Greek Week! This is an extremely exciting week for the Greek life community. Greek Week consists of many fun activities such as volleyball, kickball, and the Greek Olympics. Volleyball is obviously my favorite; however, we didn't do that well this year. Regardless, it was still a blast.

These activities are spread all throughout the week, starting with Greek Sing on Monday. Greek Sing is probably the most prepared event, where we all do parodies of songs and choreograph a dance with it. If I'm being honest, Greek Sing isn't my favorite. I cannot dance for the life of me, so next year I think I'm going to sign up to be a singer. This is also probably the largest event because every member of Greek life is there, as well as a lot of other people who come to watch and support their friends.

The following day, on Tuesday, which was also Honors Day this year, the banners were due at 9 a.m. Wednesday is kickball! Kickball is always really fun, and people get really into it. I normally play first because of my lanky legs and arms; I can reach pretty well. This year, as a team, we did not do as well as last. However, two of our seniors, whom we absolutely relied on, carried us. So it was mildly expected; however, I know Hannah Blake would be disappointed.

We were kind of a hot mess, but we had good moments. One of our not-so-good moments was when I dove to catch a ball that was kicked in the air foul. I laid out for it and had it in my hands, but the momentum carried me, and I landed on the ball so hard I ended up rolling over it and landing on my head. I was out of it for a second, but I just laughed; it was so funny.

Thursday was Pandora's Box, which ended up being bowling! This was super fun and a great idea by Justin. Next, on Friday, we had volleyball. We did OK—nothing special but enough to place.

Overall, I love Greek Week, and I will continue to look forward to it in the years to come! Go Greek!


Comments

  1. This looked like so much fun! There was always some sort of event going on haha. We had track practice during the volleyball and that was pretty funny. I was impressed because it was pretty chilly out this week, but that didn't seem to stop you guys! Glad that you all had fun :)))

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Keeping it Dark

Internships vs. Free Labor

Desk Date