Honors Day

This past Tuesday was Honors Day at Ohio Northern University. I started off my day by dropping off the Alpha Xi Delta Greek week banner. I had worked on this banner tirelessly, so it was very refreshing to officially be done with it. After that, Polina and I got Starbucks and were able to grab a bite to eat with a few of our friends.

Then, I began to get ready for presenting at the Research Colloquium. I conducted research this past school year on the effectiveness of recyclable design. This study uncovered the successes and downfalls of the recycling initiatives by designers. My presentation, a shorter one lasting about 10 minutes, covered a general summary of my findings and research methods. It went well, however, I hoped to do better.

Following my presentation, I headed back to my dorm to interview a company for a partnership with Alpha Xi. This partnership sounds like a great opportunity for us as a chapter. I took a quick nap in my business professional clothing for 20 minutes. After waking up, I went to the Wilson Art Building to be inducted into Kappa Pi, a national art fraternity recognized nationwide. I had been wanting to join since freshman year, so I was excited to be an official member. After taking some photos, I rushed back to my dorm to quickly change my shoes.

After switching my shoes, I went to McIntosh to attend an induction into The National Society of Leadership and Success (NSLS). Not only that, but I also spoke at the event, reading my nomination of Professor Brit Rowe for Excellence in Teaching. Before the induction, I had nominated him for this award, unknowing that I would have to speak at the event in front of over 100 people. However, I feel like my speech went well and I was very grateful for the opportunity to recognize my mentor. He has fully changed my educational career at Ohio Northern University. The moment of his reception of the award was beyond heartwarming.




Comments

  1. Taking a nap in your business clothes is such a mood. Your speech at the NSLS induction was amazing, you did such a great job! It sounds like you had a pretty successful Honors Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you such a busy but fun honors day. Its so cool that you got to introduce your professor to the crowd.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a busy day! That is great though because you are not only involved in so many things, but you are successful in them too! You gave a great speech at the NSLS ceremony as well, great job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Keeping it Dark

Internships vs. Free Labor

Desk Date